2019 Highlights Docs for Tots’ Director of Programs, Melissa Passarelli, was named 2019 CDC Act Early Ambassador for New . . .
What We Do
Docs for Tots fosters connections between young children’s doctors, policymakers, early childhood practitioners, and other stakeholders. We take a two-pronged approach to improving children’s health and chances of success, simultaneously promoting: 1) Policy innovation; and 2) Practice transformation.
To create comprehensive systems that support children’s healthy development, Docs for Tots:
- Brings doctor’s expertise to the early childhood policy arena
- Builds a network of doctors to support policy improvements
- Educates the public, policy makers and others about the importance of investments in early childhood
To ensure that doctors and other professionals who work with young children have all the tools they need to allow children to thrive, Docs for Tots:
- Develops and shares information to improve medical practice for the youngest children
- Connects doctors to community early childhood resources
- Creates and shares essential resources for medical educators
- Provides technical assistance to professionals across multiple disciplines who work with young children