Docs for Tots’ Director of Programs, Melissa Passarelli, and Executive Director, Liz Isakson, spoke to Allison Brecher of The Nonprofit Voice! Listen to their interview . . .
Help Me Grow – Long Island
Launched in January 2018, Help Me Grow – Long Island is a FREE resource connecting families and providers to community resources and child development information in Nassau and Suffolk counties, with the mission of promoting optimal development of Long Island’s young children. HMG-LI provides free, virtual, ongoing support to families to meet the needs of their young children, and trains providers to use developmental screens with the families they serve. Help Me Grow – Long Island isn’t an agency, but a partnership based on a national model for organizing existing agencies with the goal of more efficiently and effectively reaching and helping at-risk children. HMG-LI is coordinated by Docs for Tots, housed at the Child Care Council of Nassau, and is connected to United Way of Long Island’s 2-1-1 phone system.
To use Help Me Grow – Long Island:
- Call our Bilingual Family Resource Specialists at 516-548-8924 OR dial 2-1-1, select your language, then press 7 for Help Me Grow
- Visit our website for a free developmental screen
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a provider, you can fax this referral form to 516-217-1351
- If you work with young children and want to provide developmental or social emotional screens, please contact email@example.com
For all other inquiries about Help Me Grow – Long Island or to start screening for free at your site, contact:
Coordinator, Help Me Grow – Long Island