Help Me Grow – Long Island — 2018 Highlights
Thanks to your support last year, Docs for Tots was able to bring together early childhood professionals from across Long Island to form Help Me Grow-Long Island (HMG-LI). HMG-LI helps families with young children achieve optimal growth in all domains of development by promoting milestones, catching issues early and successfully linking families to existing resources in their community. We are proud to share with you the work that the team has done since launching Help Me Grow-Long Island in January 2018. A snapshot of our successes this year includes:
- Connected over 300 families to available resources that support children and caregivers.
- Delivered trainings to 200 health care providers and health center staff.
- Partnered with physicians, service providers, child-care centers, community organizations and agencies across Long Island to provide 680 developmental screens and social-emotional screens for children, as well as connecting families to HMG-LI for ongoing care coordination.
- Partnered with numerous organizations and agencies to provide direct educational content for over 600 families at 30 community-based events.
- Led workshops at the 2018 Early Childhood Conference at Molloy College and the 2018 Long Island Infant Toddler Resource Center Annual Conference to spread awareness of developmental promotion and screening.
Help Me Grow-Long Island strives to improve every day. In 2019 we will be integrating maternal depression screening for caregivers. With your support, our two bilingual family resources specialists (Spanish and Haitian-Creole) are reaching more families to get them connected — we appreciate your help!
Fabella Decema, Family Resource Specialist
Blanca Franco, Family Resource Specialist
We want to thank all of you for your support and we look forward to continued growth and success.